- VINTAGE MAGAZINES
- NEW ENGLAND MAGAZINE
- 1906 History of Rugs Persian Oriental Tapestry Royal Prayer Looms
1906 History of Rugs Persian Oriental Tapestry Royal Prayer Looms vintage article
Own a piece of history! This 106+ year old ORIGINAL vintage article, The Story of the Rug, was carefully removed from the New England Magazine, published in 1906. Written by Pauline Carrinton Bouve, this article is 11 pages with 5 illustrations. Page size is 9 x 6.5" (00462)
- Rug now in Imperial Austrian Museum at Vienna, Property of Count Arthur Enzenberg
- Section of Ancient Bayeux Tapesety (2)
- Very Ancient Prayer Rug with Inscriptions, froma Mosque at Aleppo
- Owner of Famous Royal Persioan Hunting Carpet, owned by the Imperial Royal Court of Austria
Good Condition with some light toning to age. Please see photos.
Note: The articles and prints we offer are scarce pieces of history, most of which we have only a single copy. If you see something you like, we encourage you to select it today, so you won't be disappointed. We can sometimes find another printing, and we do enjoy the hunt, but often we are not successful. Please keep this in mind as you enjoy our historic offerings.