- 19th CENTURY
- 1891 Pendulograph Figures Drawn by Music Chladni Vibrations Vintage Article
This historic 124+ year old ORIGINAL vintage article, Wondrous Figures Drawn by Music, was carefully removed from the Illustrated American Magazine, published in 1891. Article is 4 pages with 8 illustrations / engravings. Page size is 9 x12". (00177) 1/15
Condition: Very Good Condition with some light toning and soiling to the pages due to age.
Some Illustrations include:
- Daisy formed in sand by a musical note
- A shell from music's ocean (drawn by the pendulgraph)
- Designs in sand on metallic plates obtained by Chladni by the vibrations producing various notes of music.
- Sea-Weeds and shells form musics ocean
- Design drawn by the pendulograph in response to a musical note